Since the Lake District Communities Fund was launched in 2012 it has supported many projects.
Grants so far in East Distinctive Area by Lake District Communities Fund
- £2,900 to Bampton Recreation Field Group - Bampton Recreation Field Enhancement Project.
- £1,709 for Penruddock Children's Sports Committee - to make and buy traditional games equipment.
- £3,630 to The Outward Bound Trust - funding for weekend expedition for 24 local young people.
- £1,218 for a new village noticeboard at Dockray.
- £5,000 to the Penrith and District Red Squirrel Group - Ullswater Red Squirrels conservation initiative to protect and maintain red squirrel population.
- £5,000 for Penruddock Village Hall's new accessible toilet facility and store and upgrade of the hall and kitchen.
- £2,000 for Glenridding Public Hall Repairs / replacement of public hall windows.
- £5,000 for the final phase of renovation and improvements to Penruddock Village Hall - fitting out of the new toilets, construction of steps to the side door, and an access ramp to the new hall extension.
- £1,475 for work to manage and improve Bomby Green, an open area used by the local community.
- £750 for Lowther and Askham History and Archaeology Community Project research and ongoing community history project.
- £4,500 to the Glenridding Public Hall Hall improvement project Phase 2.
- £312 awarded to Glenridding Sailing Club - Introducing local youngsters into outdoors & sailing.
- £200 awarded to Glenridding & Patterdale First Responders - Installation of
Public Access Defibrillators in Glenridding and Hartsop.
- £2000 awarded to Ullswater Portrait Project - Portraits of local people and portrait
- £500 awarded to Bampton Recreation Field Group - Fitness trim trail.
- £3000 awarded to Askham and District Community Centre - Askham swimming pool shelter and
- £1138 awarded to Barton Parish Council - To erect two information panels to highlight
elements of local heritage.
- £2500 awarded to The Ullswater Association - a sustainable marketing plan for the
Ullswater Valley through developing and expanding the UA Brand and marketing
- £2981 awarded to Lake District Estates - To promote and market a walking route, the
Ullswater Way, circumnavigating Ullswater.
- £2000 awarded to Bootle Parish Council – Painting, planting and renovating the village centre to revitalise our
community, harnessing volunteer support and the good will of local businesses.
- £3000 awarded to Eskdale
Mill & Heritage Trust - Support for Heritage Lottery Fund application.
- £2500 awarded to Duddon
Valley Local History Group - Archaeological excavation of 3 Norse log house
sites in Duddon valley.
Total grants to date in East distinctive area