Since the Lake District Communities Fund was launched in 2012 it has supported many projects.
Grants awarded so far in the North Distinctive Area by Lake District Communities Fund
- £2,000 awarded to Threlkeld Young People for an afternoon activity programme for young children in the Threlkeld Area.
- £2,500 for the Herdwick Sheep Breeders Association Limited - to support the purchase of a range of marquees that can be used by the seven western Lake District shows that promote Herdwick Sheep.
- £400 for Voluntary Action Threlkeld - to purchase tools and equipment for Parish projects.
- £400 for the Binsey Buzzards Wildlife Watch Group, for children aged 7-11.
- £880 for the Underskiddaw Village Hall Interpretive Panel - replacement of old interpretive panel and map.
- £2,500 to Threlkeld Village Hall Trust for revitalisation and community coffee shop.
- £3,339 for the implementation of the Melbreak Communities Action Plan.
- £2,000 for the Derwent 7 project update and operation for 2 years.
- £5,000 for Hot spot remedial work on gravel management in the Borrowdale Valley. This project addressed a very specific community issue to mitigate or reduce the devastating flooding events that are occurring with a greater frequency in the Borrowdale Valley.
- £1,500 for the SHINE 2014 Lantern parade in Keswick.
- £1,206 for Millbeck Hydro Mini hydroelectric generation.
- £4,000 to Caldbeck Parish Council Pond Project. Dredge weed and silt to preserve this important village pond.
- £5,000 for Fitz Park Charitable Trust's creation of BMX track on land to the rear of the football pavilion in Fitz Park, Keswick.
- £3,000 to Dubwath Silver Meadows Wetland Nature Reserve. Educational Development Scheme to enhance educational facilities at the reserve and inform visitors about the benefits a wetland provides to the quality of Bassenthwaite Lake.
- £2,000 for the Friends of the Lake District Borrowdale Fell Care Day. To highlight the role that volunteering plays in conservation of the fells.
- £500 to Keswick Film Club's Alhambra Centenary Celebration. Grant for research into the history of the cinema, through archives, press cuttings and personal recollections from local residents.
- £1,500 to Action with Communities in Cumbria. Village halls and community buildings workshop - providing a sustainable and appropriate support service to those running village halls and community buildings across Cumbria.
- £1,823 to Lorton After School Club - for supervised after school care.
- £700 for Greta Preschool Outdoor Learning - to provide outdoor play and learning resources
- £624 awarded to Caldbeck Parish Council - Volunteer Strimming of parish footpath
edges and car park.
- £504 awarded to Lake District Osprey Project - Volunteers shelter at the view point at
- £3500 awarded to Derwentwater Independent Hostel - To construct a footbridge over Barrow
Beck and to develop a new local network of footpaths.
- £4590 awarded to Amy’s Care CIC
- The Carers Support Service will provide a safe and stimulating location
for local carers.
- £648 awarded to Above Derwent Parish Council - Strimmer for parish footpath edges.
- £1500 awarded to Keswick Football Club - Repair to roof of Hog House in Fitz Park.
Total grants to date in North distinctive area