Since the Lake District Communities Fund was launched in 2012 it has supported many projects.
Grants awarded so far in the South Distinctive Area by Lake District Communities Fund
- £1,500 for Woodland Parish Room - Hall insulation and improvements.
- £1,792 for South Lakes Red Squirrels - Red squirrel conservation project.
- £2,000 to Colton Parish Council for a short film to promote the area associated with Rusland Horizons HLF bid and a pictorial record of the landscape.
- £5,000 to Hawkshead Parish Council for the Hawkshead Squares Project, to restore the original charm of Hawkshead.
- £1,500 to Colton Parish Council - for a project to give 8-10 young people from the Barrow area the opportunity to work with a professional coppicer, to produce charcoal, forge new tools, and use these for coppicing.
- £5,000 for a research project to establish baseline data for habitat improvement and water quality work in the Coniston Water and River Crake catchment area.
- £5,000 for Rusland Valley and Fells Heritage Partnership Heritage Lottery Fund bid application for landscape partnership development grant.
- £1,500 for the Diamond Jubilee Project Refurbishment of Hawkshead Market Hall.
- £3,000 for the installation of under pew heaters in Woodland Church.
- £1,500 for the re-roofing of Rusland Reading Room.
- £1,070 for the Broughton Information Centre Development Project including website maintenance, temporary banners, venue hire fees, town map.
- £3,000 for Oxen Park Cinema Club - to restore redundant building into a small digital cinema.
- £500 for Grizedale Arts Coniston Youth Club cookbook.
- £1,500 to Haverthwaite and Backbarrow Parish Council - towards a study about the impacts of the A590 on the community.
- £500 awarded to Coniston Sailing Club - New changing rooms to allow disabled access.
- £750 awarded to South Cumbria Rivers Trust - Control of Invasive American skunk cabbage in Coniston catchment.
- £5000 awarded to Ruskin Museum - Coniston Copper: conserving and celebrating Coniston's mining heritage.
- £1760 awarded to Westmorland Red Squirrel Society - Purchase of equipment including thermal imaging cameras, GPS units, and wildlife cameras.
- £2600 awarded to Westmorland & Furness Bat Group - Bats in the Fells: study of bats in the high fells.
Total grants to date in South distinctive area