Grants awarded: Central and South East
Since the Lake District Communities Fund was launched in 2012 it has supported many projects.
Grants awarded so far in the Central and South Distinctive Area by Lake District Communities Fund
- £5,000 to Witherslack Parish Hall for the refurbishment of the kitchen.
- £5,000 to Grasmere Red Squirrel Group, conserving red squirrels in Grasmere.
- £1,500 to Bowness and Windermere Community Care Trust - replacing lighting in four public toilets with energy efficient LED lights.
- £1,000 for Ambleside Community Christmas Lights - replacing all Christmas light bulbs with energy efficient LED bulbs.
- £250 for Skelwith Parish Council - to develop a website to improve access to information and services for a remote rural community.
- £5,000 to bring an empty property owned by the Diocese of Carlisle back into use.
- £5,000 for the Three Valleys Plus Project - control of grey squirrels in two priority zones.
- £1,000 to refurbish 171 benches in Windermere in poor state of repair.
- £2,416 Building a butterfly task force to support local people wishing to conserve Biodiversity Action Plan priority butterflies in the Lake District National Park.
- £3,000 to build a nature reserve at St Mary's Nursery and Infants School.
- £1,500 to install rainwater harvesting at Grasmere public toilets.
- £2,000 for the Friends of the Lake District Borrowdale Fell Care Day. To highlight the role volunteering plays in conserving the fells.
- £1,600 for the repair and maintenance of Troutbeck village's snowplough and gritter.
- £1,868 for The Big Onion 'Get Growing 2013' project to increase production of local foods.
- £1000 awarded to Weavers Ltd - To create a viable shop in an empty unit to enable the running of a post office.
- £1760 awarded to Westmorland Red Squirrel Society - Purchase of equipment including thermal imaging cameras, GPS units, and wildlife cameras.
- £2800 awarded to Staveley Community Land Trust - Local housing needs survey.
- £2000 awarded to Witherslack Parish Hall - Hall extension for disabled toilets and kitchen.
- £2,939 to Cumbria Development Education Centre (CDEC) for Sustainable education resources for children and teachers
- £2,500 towards a new boardwalk and raised viewing platform at Foulshaw Moss Nature Reserve
- £2,000 to the Parents & Friends Association of St Cuthbert's School Windermere for a replacement church hall floor.
- £1,500 to The Horned Beef Company Ltd for a tree planting project including 500m new hedgerow, 50 parkland trees, and small areas of woodland.
- £2,785 to the South Cumbria Rivers Trust for gathering baseline data for the Kent catchment prior to delivery of physical works under the Cumbria Strategic Floods Partnership.
- £500 to the Cumberland & Westmorland Wrestling Association to help host the European Youth Championships of the International Federation of Celtic Wrestling.
- £750 to Cumbria Action for Sustainability for Cumbria Green Build Festival’s Northern and Central Lakes Bus Tours.
- £3,000 to the Westmorland Red Squirrel Society for red squirrel conservation.
Total grants to date in Central and South East distinctive area