Site area (hectares): 0.36
- A Heritage, Design and Access Statement and a World Heritage Site Checklist.
- The design, scale, layout and density of development should reflect the site’s rural character and ensure residential amenity at neighbouring properties is not adversely affected.
- Surface water drainage strategy required which demonstrates how surface water management and attenuation measures will prevent surface water entering the local sewerage network.
- Sewerage capacity issues may need to be investigated at the time of an application.
- Planting appropriate native trees, hedgerow or dry stone walling has the potential over the long term to enhance ecological corridors. This will benefit bats, red squirrels and other species.
- The River Eden is a designated Special Area of Conservation (SAC) and Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) so development, including construction, must avoid adverse impact on the designated watercourse.