We are welcoming visitors back to the Lake District. We are working with our local partners to put measures in place that will help keep people safe.
Our page lakedistrict.gov.uk/coronavirus has a message from our Chief Executive, how the latest coronavirus rules apply across the National Park, updates on our attractions and services, and how you can contact us.
Made under Section 13 of the Countryside Act 1968 by the Lake District Special Planning
Board with respect to the control of power driven vessels on Lake Ullswater in the Lake District National Park
1. These Byelaws may be cited as "the Lake District Ullswater Byelaws, 1978"
2. The Byelaws shall be applicable to the Lake known or commonly known by the name of Ullswater.
3. In these Byelaws the following words and expressions have the meanings hereby assigned to them respectively: —
4. Save as hereinafter provided no person shall use any power driven vessel on the lake at a speed exceeding ten miles per hour.
5. The use of a power driven vessel in circumstances necessary to the proper execution of his duty by the following persons, that is to
6. Nothing contained in these Byelaws shall be deemed to extinguish any public right of way over the lake.
7. Nothing contained in these Byelaws shall prevent the navigation of a vessel at a speed exceeding ten miles per hour until the expiration of five years from the coming into operation of these Byelaws.
8. Every person who shall offend against the foregoing Byelaws shall be liable on summary conviction to a penalty not exceeding £20.
Givenunder the Common Seal of the Lake District Special Planning Board this nineteenth day of April, 1978. THE COMMON SEAL OF THE LAKE DISTRICT SPECIAL PLANNING BOARD was hereunto affixed in the presence of:
Signed: M.J.L. TAYLOR, National Park Officer.
The foregoing byelaws are hereby confirmed by the Secretary of State and shall come into operation on the date hereof.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State, Home Office, LONDON SW1, 13th July, 1978
(Signed) R.F.D. SHUFFREY
An Assistant Under Secretary of State.