We are welcoming visitors back to the Lake District. We are working with our local partners to put measures in place that will help keep people safe.
Our page lakedistrict.gov.uk/coronavirus has a message from our Chief Executive, how the latest coronavirus rules apply across the National Park, updates on our attractions and services, and how you can contact us.
1. These Byelaws may be cited as the Lake District (Smaller Lakes) Byelaws 1971.
2. The Byelaws shall be applicable to the lakes specified in the Schedule hereto.
3. In these Byelaws the following words and expressions have the meanings hereby assigned to them respectively.
4. Save as hereinafter provided no person shall use any power driven vessel on a lake specified in the Schedule hereto.
5. The use of a power driven vessel in circumstances necessary to the proper execution of his duty by the following persons, that is to say:
6. Nothing contained in these Byelaws shall be deemed to extinguish any public right of way over a lake specified in the Schedule hereto.
7. Nothing contained in these Byelaws shall prevent the use of a vessel with the consent of the Lake District Planning Board and in accordance with conditions prescribed by the said Board owned by a person who is the owner of a lake or part of a lake on the lake or
the part of a lake OR which he is the owner.
8. Every person who shall offend agains the foregoing Byelaws shallbe liable on summary conviction to a penalty not exceeding £20.
The lakes known or commonly known by the names of:
Given under the Common Seal of the Lake District Boardthis twenty-sixth day of July, 1973.
THE COMMON SEAL OF THE LAKE DISTRICT PLANNING BOARD
was here unto affixed in the presence of:
(Signed) R.S. CROSSFIELD, Member of the Board.
(Signed) K.S. HIMSWORTH, Clerk of the Board.
The Secretary of State this day confirmed the foregoing Byelaws and fixed the date on which they are to come into operation as the date hereof.
(Signed) K.P. WITNEY,
An Assistant Under Secretary of State.
Home Office, Whitehall, 27 March. 1974.
I hereby certify that this is a true copy of the Byelaws as confirmed by the Secretary of State on the 27th March, 1974.
(Signed) K. S. HIMSWORTH, Clerk of the Board
Bye Laws made under section 13 of the Countryside Act, 1968
by the Lake District Planning Board with respect to the prohibition of power driven vessels on certain lakes in the Lake District National Park.