The Lake District National Park is in the northwest corner of England, in the county of Cumbria. We've mountains, valleys, villages, towns, coastline and of course lakes! Check out our Maps page for more details.
More than 19 million people visit the the National Park each year. If you've never been, here's a guide to the main areas:
1. Explore Coniston Water - surrounded by mountains and woodland
2. Explore Derwentwater and Keswick - the nearest lake to the town of Keswick
3. Explore Grasmere and Rydal - and Rydal Water
4. Explore Langdale Valley - running west of Ambleside
5. Explore Northern Lakes - peaceful and beautiful
6. Explore Ullswater and Glenridding - dramatic views and great walking
7. Explore Wastwater and the West coast - See England's deepest lake and explore the western coastline
8. Explore Windermere and Ambleside - England's largest lake with bustling tourist towns Bowness and Ambleside
Find out about getting here and transport, driving and facilities once you've arrived in the Lake District.
Tips on how to be a caring visitor to the Lake District, from be prepared, to taking your litter home.
Every penny you spend in our online shop goes back into protecting the Lake District National Park.
From re-usable water bottles and coffee cups, to bags, t-shirts and even Lake District Monopoly, its a great way to take a bit of the Lake District with you everywhere.
Share your pictures on Instagram and #lakedistrict and we could feature your photos on our site!