Here's a list of handy postcodes to villages and towns in the National Park, useful if you're using sat nav. Where possible the postcodes used are of the local post office:
- Ambleside - LA22 9BU - nearest lake? Windermere
- Bassenthwaite - CA12 4QH - nearest lake? Bassenthwaite
- Bootle - LA19 5TF
- Bowness-on-Windermere - LA23 3HJ - nearest lake? Windermere
- Brockhole on Windermere LA23 1LJ - nearest lake? Windermere
- Buttermere - CA13 9UZ - nearest lake? Buttermere
- Broughton-in-Furness - LA20 6BJ
- Coniston Village - LA21 8DU - nearest lake? Coniston
- Coniston Boating Centre - LA21 8EW - nearest lake? Coniston
- Caldbeck - CA7 8EA
- Elterwater - LA22 9HP
- Glenridding on Ullswater - CA11 0PA - nearest lake? Ullswater
- Grasmere - LA22 9PZ - nearest lake? Grasmere
- Hawkshead - LA22 0NS
- Hesket Newmarket - CA7 8JG
- Keswick - CA12 5DQ - nearest lake? Derwentwater
- Loweswater - CA13 0RU - nearest lake? Loweswater
- Patterdale - CA11 0NW - nearest lake? Ullswater
- Pooley Bridge - CA10 2NP - nearest lake? Ullswater
- Ravenglass - CA18 1SG
- Seatoller- CA12 5XN - nearest lake? Derwentwater
- Staveley - LA8 9LN
- Troutbeck - LA23 1PF
- Wasdale Head - CA20 1EX - nearest lake? Wastwater
- Windermere - LA23 1AH
and for our Head Office in Kendal - LA9 7RL. Check out Contact us for directions to various LDNPA offices and locations.
Don't get stuck!
Please don't rely just on your Sat Nav, as the quickest way may not be suitable for your vehicle. Caravans and lorries in particular have become stuck on tight corners and narrow lanes in the past. Check the route carefully in advance for gradient and narrowness.
Hardknott Pass, Wrynose Pass and Honister Pass are among the steepest roads in the country. Also Red Bank Road between Grasmere and Langdale is a single track lane with very tight corners. It is not suitable for lorries or caravans.
One way systems and road layouts sometimes change, so please always follow local directions and signs.