For Bowness, Claife, Hilltop and Hawkshead
There will not be a Mountain Goat service between Bowness, Hilltop and Hawkshead in 2023. However, you can catch a stagecoach 505 bus to Hawkshead and walk along the mainly off road trail to Hilltop (3km/1.9miles), or catch the Windermere Ferry from Bowness (Ferry Nab) to Ferry House and walk to Hilltop (2.5km/1.6miles). Or why not hire a bike to explore the area?
- Boots: Stroll over Claife Heights or catch the bus from Ferry House to Hilltop then walk back down on the off road path.
- Bikes: Hire one in Hawkshead or Bowness.
- Boats: Take a cruise on Windermere.
- Bus: Stagecoach 505 to Hawkshead, 599 to Bowness.
- Places to visit: Include Beatrix Potter's former home at Hilltop, Claife Viewing Station and the picturesque village of Hawkshead with a range of shops and eateries and the Beatrix Potter Gallery.