Authority - 22 June 2022
Time: 10:00 am
Location: Boardroom, Murley Moss, Kendal, LA9 7RL.
The meeting will be livestreamed here:
Business Part One
- Appointment of Chairman
- Appointment of Deputy Chairman
- Apologies - To receive and record apologies from members of the Authority who cannot attend.
- Minutes - To confirm the Minutes of the meeting held on 18 May 2022.
- Chair's Announcements
The Chair to announce to all attendees -
- the fire safety instructions; and
- the meeting is being livestreamed and a digital sound recording of the meeting is made.
- Declarations of Interest - Members should declare any registrable interests or disclosable pecuniary interests and state the nature of those interests so it can be recorded in the minutes. These interests are described in the Code of Conduct adopted by the Authority on 20 October 2021.
- Questions - To answer any questions raised under Standing Order 16(2) relating to the business of the Authority.
- Public Participation - There are no public questions, petitions or deputations relating to the business of the Authority for this meeting.
- Appointment of Members - a) Local Authority Appointees -
To report the re-appointment of Mr Hugh Branney as Copeland Borough Council representative until 31 March 2023.
To report the re-appointment of Mr Alan Barry, Mr Jim Bland, Mr Will Clark, Mr Tony Lywood and Mr Paul Turner as Cumbria County Council representatives until 31 March 2023.
b) Secretary of State Appointees -
To report the re-appointment of Mr M Kidd as a Parish Council representative until May 2026, subject to confirmation by the Secretary of State. To provide an update with regards the appointment of the two Parish Council representatives to the vacant positions.
To provide an update on the appointment of the new Secretary of State (National) member.
- Chief Executive's Update
- Minutes of Committees
To consider the minutes of the following committee and the recommendations which they contain:
- Resources Committee: Mr Jackson will present the minutes of the meeting held on 23 February 2022;
- Rights of Way Committee: Ms Hunt will present the minutes of the meeting held on 12 April 2022; and
- Development Control Committee: Dr Davies will present the minutes of the meeting held on 4 May 2022.
- Member Representation on Outside Bodies and Partnerships
To receive verbal updates from Members on meetings attended as the Authority’s representative.
- Appointment of Members to Serve on Committees
- Appointments to Outside Bodies and Partnerships and Task and Finish Groups/Project Boards
The Committee will consider the following RESOLUTION:
Under Section 100(A)(4) of the Local Government Act, 1972 the public be excluded from the meeting for the following items. This is because exempt information, as defined in Schedule 12A of the Act, may be disclosed during discussions.
Business Part Two
15. Woodend Farm Options Appraisal
Access to Information - Local Government Act 1972 (As amended)
Agenda and Reports
Anyone can have a copy of the agenda and non-confidential reports before the meeting. Reports can be e-mailed as PDFs on request.
Physical copies of background papers will not be available for viewing at Murley Moss due to the current movement restrictions put in place by the Government following the Covid-19 outbreak. Papers can be e-mailed as PDFs on request. We cannot make background papers available for confidential papers.