Development Control Committee - 7 July 2021
Time: 10:00 am
Location: Boardroom, Murley Moss, Kendal, LA9 7RL.
The meeting is open to the public to attend in person in line with Government measures to manage the Covid-19 pandemic, but would encourage anyone who simply wishes to view, rather than participate, do so via the livestream link below to reduce numbers in the room in the interest of public health.
Business Part One
- Appointment of Chairman
- Appointment of Deputy Chairman
- Apologies - To receive and record apologies from members of the Committee who cannot attend.
- Minutes - To confirm the Minutes of the meeting held on 5 May 2021.
- Chairman's Announcements
The Chairman to announce to all attendees -
- the fire safety instructions;
- the digital sound recording of the meeting; and
- that electronic devices to be switched off.
- Declarations of Interest - Members should declare any registrable interests or disclosable pecuniary interests. These are described in the Code of Conduct adopted by the Authority on 20 June 2012 and in the Authority Handbook. Members should state the nature of any disclosable pecuniary interest (defined at paragraph 5(9) of the Code of Conduct) so it can be recorded in the minutes.
- Public Participation - There are no public questions, petitions or deputations relating to the business of the Committee for this meeting.
- Site Inspections - The Head of Development Management to advise Committee of forthcoming planning applications where Members may wish to conduct a site inspection prior to making their decision in accordance with the Development Control Committee Site Inspection Protocol. Wednesday 14 July 2021 has been set aside for site inspections.
- Planning Applications with Public Speaking - In accordance with the Policy of Public Speaking at Meetings, details of speakers who have given notice of their intention to make presentations to the Committee will be available at the meeting. The schedule of planning applications will be re-ordered and these applications will be considered first.
- Schedule of Planning Applications - To consider planning applications as set out in the schedule.
- Delegated Planning Applications - To note the planning applications determined in accordance with the approved Scheme of Delegation.
- Response to Neighbouring Authorities - To note the following consultation responses have been made. The Head of Development Management will update Members on any matters of relevance in relation to the consultation responses (see agenda document).
- Appeals lodged - To note the appeals lodged (see agenda document).
- Appeals decided - To note the appeals decided. The Planning Inspector's decision letters are appended. The Head of Development Management will update Members on any matters of relevance in relation to the appeals (see agenda document).
Access to Information - Local Government Act 1972 (As amended)
Agenda and Reports
Anyone can have a copy of the agenda and non-confidential reports before the meeting. Reports can be e-mailed as PDFs on request.
Physical copies of background papers will not be available for viewing at Murley Moss due to the current movement restrictions put in place by the Government following the Covid-19 outbreak. Papers can be e-mailed as PDFs on request. We cannot make background papers available for confidential papers.