Lowther Castle bike hire
Lowther Castle is a beautiful cycle hire location situated within extensive grounds, with an excellent range of dedicated trails aimed at families and options to cycle further afield.
If you're seeking a more technical adventure, it is a truly fabulous destination from which to cycle. With facilities on site such as a playground, café and castle, you're sure to have a full day of fun.
Bike hirers can claim 10% discount off admission to the castle and gardens; and in the café (on production of bike-hire receipt).
Lowther Castle’s cycle-hire partner is Arragon's Cycles. The team is extremely knowledgeable in all aspects of cycling and cycle-hire provision.
- Mountain bike, half day. £20
- Mountain bike, full day. £30
- Electric bike, half day. £35
- Electric bike, full day. £45
- Children's bike and tagalong, half day. £20
- Children's bike and tagalong, full day. £15
- 2 Seat trailer, half day. £30
- 2 Seat trailer, full day. £20
How to find us
Address: Lowther Castle, Penrith, Cumbria. CA10 2HH.
- Tues-Sun 10:00-17:00 (summer)
- Tues-Sun 110:00-16:00 (winter)
- First hire 10:00
- Last hire is 2 hours before closing
- 01931 712192
Download bike hire at Lowther Castle brochure (PDF) for routes at Lowther.
Good to know
- Under 18s hire to be booked by an adult over 18
- Please note: no cycling in the Lowther Castle gardens. It's not good for the flowers, lawns, trees and other visitors.
- You are responsible for bike/hire equipment
- Wear appropriate clothing: breathable, loose fit, layers and light showerproof jacket
- We don't recommend cycling in sandals or flip flops
- Booked online? Please bring proof of ID
- Show photo ID (driving licence/passport) if hiring an electric bike for security purposes
- Aaragon's full cycle hire terms and conditions
Places of interest
- Lowther Castle
- Pooley Bridge
- Lowther Church
- Low Deer Park