Respect. Protect. Enjoy!
Respect other people
- Consider the local community and other people enjoying the outdoors.
- Park carefully so access to gateways and driveways is clear.
- Leave gates and property as you find them - its important to close gates to keep farm animals from escaping.
- Follow paths but give way to others where it’s narrow.
Protect the natural environment
- Leave no trace of your visit, take all your litter home. Remember there are very few bins away from towns.
- Don’t have BBQs or fires - fires can damage the ground and could cause a large wildfire. Use a safe camping stove instead.
- Remember that wild camping and fly camping is not allowed without landowner permission
- Keep dogs under close control, and always on a lead around farm animals.
- Dog poo - bag it and bin it!
Enjoy the outdoors
Which paths you are allowed to go on, on foot, on bike and on horseback.
Public footpaths - Yellow arrows.
For people on foot only.
Public bridleway – blue arrows.
For people on foot, horse riders and cyclists.
Restricted byways – purple arrows.
For people on foot, horse riders, cyclists and horse drawn vehicles.
Byways open to all traffic – red arrows.
For all of the above plus cars and motorbikes.
Permitted path – white arrows
Only for people on foot unless it specifically says otherwise.