Waterhead at Ambleside bike hire
Sitting at the northern end of Lake Windermere is Waterhead, on the edge of the traditional Lakeland town of Ambleside. It's easy to get to and you'll find a big car park over the road from the lake. The trails are also very accessible, starting from the town or just outside they are wide, low level and well signposted. Choose routes that take you to Grasmere, The Langdale or the Western shore of Lake Windermere. After your bike riding, there are many cafes, restaurants or pubs to enjoy on your return to Ambleside.
- Electric bike, half day, 10am - 1pm: £35
- Electric bike, full day, 10am - 4pm: £50
How to find us
Waterhead Pier, Ambleside, LA22 OEU.
what3words /// The simplest way to talk about location
Bikes available from the 1st of June.
- Mon-Sun 09:30 - 16:30
- First hire 10:00
- Last hire: 13:00
- +44 (0)15394 40277
Good to know
- Under 18s hire is to be booked by the adult over 18
- You are responsible for the bike and hire equipment
- Appropriate clothing: breathable loose fit, couple of layers, light showerproof jacket
- We don't recommend cycling in sandals or flip flops.
- Booked online? Please bring proof of ID
- Show photo ID (driving licence or passport) if you are hiring an electric bike - this is required for security purposes
Places of interest
- Lake Windermere
- Wray Castle