Romantic Lake District
This beautiful place can inspire the most pragmatic of hearts!
- Darling Fell, near Loweswater
- Dovenest Crag, Borrowdale
- Hartsop, near Brotherswater
- Lily Tarn, above Ambleside
Great spots to propose
As suggested by our Facebook and Twitter followers:
- The jetty over Windermere at Brockhole Visitor Centre
- On a canoe from Coniston Boating Centre
- High Sweden Bridge above Ambleside
- Blea Tarn, Langdale valley
- Colwith Falls in Elterwater
- By the river at Skelwith Bridge
- On a rowing boat on Grasmere
- Haystacks fell, above Buttermere
- On the shores of Ennerdale Water - just like Bill Clinton did...
- Surprise view near Ashness bridge overlooking Derwentwater
- Lingmell, above Wast Water
There are lots of options here, from village halls to hotels!
Getting married on the shores of Windermere
Brockhole - The Lake District Visitor Centre, offers a unique option between a registry office and a hotel based celebration. Find out how you can celebrate your big day without the big price tag at Brockhole - Weddings
A gift list with a difference
Do you love the Lake District? How about asking your guests to donate towards 'your' bridge, gate or directions fingerpost that you can visit in years to come?
From remote cottages to boutique hotels, stay somewhere special on your honeymoon. Take a look at Where to stay for ideas.