We have friendly guides happy to help in our Tourist Information Centres:
As well as some of the best walking routes in Britain, there's lots of other activities on offer, from cycling to retail therapy! For ideas, check out our Things to do section.
A fantastic place to start your Lake District adventure with family and friends.Visit the Brockhole website
Have a great family day out at Coniston. Pre-book motor boats, canoes, bikes and more to receive 10% off automatically!Things to do in Coniston
If you’re a "beginner" to the Lake District, our Explore pages will give you an idea about each area.
They are listed alphabetically by lake or valley name:
1. Explore Coniston Water - surrounded by mountains and woodland
2. Explore Derwentwater - the nearest lake to the town of Keswick
3. Explore Grasmere - and Rydal Water
4. Explore Langdale Valley - running west of Ambleside
5. Explore Northern Lakes - peaceful and beautiful
6. Explore Ullswater - dramatic views and great walking
7. Explore Wastwater - See England's deepest lake and explore the western coastline
8. Explore Windermere - England's largest lake with Bowness and Ambleside nearby
We've cosy holiday cottages, quirky boutique hotels, friendly bed and breakfasts and luxury hotels.
Our commission helps keep the National Park special: Browse and book Lake District accommodation online