Good to know about Windermere
Here are some insights straight from our Bowness-on-Windermere Information Centre staff!
Post office: St. Martin's Parade, Bowness Mon-Fri 9am-12.30pm and 1pm - 5pm, Sat 9am-12pm
Post Box - Bowness Steamer Pier
Cars and taxis
- Taxi rank - Opposite the Information Centre, Bowness
- Petrol station - Rayrigg Motors, Rayrigg Road, Bowness
Banks and cashpoints
- Bowness - Bank and cash point Nat West, Lake Road, Bowness. Cash point only at Barclays, Crag Brow, Bowness
- Windermere village - Barclays or Santander on Crescent Road
Visiting the islands
- You can hire a boat from Bowness and row or sail yourself around the central islands. Remember Belle Isle is private.
- The cruise boats on Windermere offer 'Round the Lakes' cruises.
- The car-passenger ferry passes many of the central islands. Foot passengers can look southwards down the lake.
On the water: useful links
Need more help? Pop in to Bowness Bay Information Centre
This page is brought to you by the staff of Bowness Bay Information Centre.
We can help you with booking accommodation, tickets or attractions. See us on the south side of Bowness Bay, home to Bowness Information Centre.