Guided Walk: Mere, Tarn and Water
© Dave King
26 August 2019
Walk around Loughrigg Fell on shore paths and low fells from the Grasmere valley to the Langdale valley.
- Starts from: Pelter Bridge car park, Rydal at 10:30 am
see start point descriptions here.
- Grid reference: NY 366 060
- Price: Adult £5, child free
- Parking charges apply
- Length: 11.8 km, 7.3 miles
- Total ascent: 385 m (cumulative height from start point to finish point).
- Highest point: 196 m
- Duration: 5.5 hours
- Grade: Moderate
- Grade description:
Medium walks of 5 – 15 km (3 – 9 miles). On hilly ground with often rough and uneven terrain and occasional steep gradients. A reasonable level of fitness is required.
- Well behaved dogs on leads and guide dogs are welcome.
Please check our list of what to wear and bring. There’s more information in our FAQs to help make the most of your time.
If we have to cancel a walk we will post a notice of cancellation on the listing.
Please, note terms and conditions apply.
Caring for our National Park
Our guided walks are delivered by dedicated and committed volunteers.
Donating to the Lake District Foundation helps to care for the Lake District National Park.
Donate to the Lake District Foundation
Back to all events