Guided Walk: High Rigg - a Mountain in Miniature
2 April 2019
Walk in Wainwright's footsteps on this circular walk up, over and around High Rigg in St John's-in-the-Vale, with panoramic views.
Find out about the 214 'Wainwright' fells
- Starts from: Legburthwaite car park, Thirlmere, off the B5322 at 10:30 am
see start point descriptions here.
- Grid reference: NY 316 196
- Price: Adult £5, child free
- Length: 9.0 km, 5.5 miles
- Total ascent: 387 m (cumulative height from start point to finish point).
- Highest point: 357 m
- Duration: 4.5 hours
- Grade: Moderate
- Grade description:
Medium walks of 5 – 15 km (3 – 9 miles). On hilly ground with often rough and uneven terrain and occasional steep gradients. A reasonable level of fitness is required.
- Well behaved dogs on leads and guide dogs are welcome.
Please check our list of what to wear and bring. There’s more information in our FAQs to help make the most of your time.
If we have to cancel a walk we will post a notice of cancellation on the listing.
Please, note terms and conditions apply.
Caring for our National Park
Our guided walks are delivered by dedicated and committed volunteers.
All money raised goes directly towards the upkeep of the Lake District National Park.
Donate to the National Park
Back to all events