Guided Walk: Glorious Green Gable
19 July 2019
Three Wainwright summits in a row. A steep climb to Grey Knotts, then on to Brandreth and Green Gable's summit, returning by Moses Trod.
Find out about the 214 'Wainwright' fells
- Starts from: Honister NT car park, behind the youth hostel at 10:30 am
see start point descriptions here.
- Grid reference: NY 225 135
- Price: Adult £10, child free
- Parking charges apply
- Length: 7.9 km, 4.8 miles
- Total ascent: 573 m (cumulative height from start point to finish point).
- Highest point: 795 m
- Duration: 5.0 hours
- Grade: Hard
- Grade description:
Long and energetic walks in mountainous terrain of 8 – 16 km (5 – 10 miles). Some ascents and descents may be quite steep, possibly slippery or on loose rock. A good level of fitness is needed.
- Well behaved dogs on leads and guide dogs are welcome.
Please check our list of what to wear and bring. There’s more information in our FAQs to help make the most of your time.
If we have to cancel a walk we will post a notice of cancellation on the listing.
Please, note terms and conditions apply.
Caring for our National Park
Our guided walks are delivered by dedicated and committed volunteers.
Donating to the Lake District Foundation helps to care for the Lake District National Park.
Donate to the Lake District Foundation
Back to all events