Guided Walk: Family Walk - Cathedral Cave
6 April 2019
Follow old tracks to Little Langdale and Slater Bridge. Then to the famous Cathedral Cave with optional underground visit. Return along woodland paths by Hodge Close.
- Starts from: Tilberthwaite Quarry car park, near Coniston at 11:00 am
see start point descriptions here.
- Postcode: LA21 8DG
- Grid reference: NY 306 010
- Price: Free, donations welcome
- Length: 7.0 km, 4.3 miles
- Total ascent: 256 m (cumulative height from start point to finish point).
- Highest point: 210 m
- Duration: 5.0 hours
- Grade: Moderate
- Grade description:
Medium walks of 5 – 15 km (3 – 9 miles). On hilly ground with often rough and uneven terrain and occasional steep gradients. A reasonable level of fitness is required.
- Well behaved dogs on leads and guide dogs are welcome.
Please check our list of what to wear and bring. There’s more information in our FAQs to help make the most of your time.
If we have to cancel a walk we will post a notice of cancellation on the listing.
Please, note terms and conditions apply.
Caring for our National Park
Our guided walks are delivered by dedicated and committed volunteers.
All money raised goes directly towards the upkeep of the Lake District National Park.
Donate to the National Park
Back to all events