Guided Walk: Elterwater's Slate Heritage
8 October 2019
This gentle walk leaves Elterwater Common towards Chapel Stile, then into a working slate quarry. Returning on quiet byways through native woodland.
- Starts from: outside Britannia Inn, Elterwater at 10:30 am
see start point descriptions here.
- Postcode: LA22 9HP
- Price: Free, donations welcome
- Length: 3.8 km, 2.3 miles
- Total ascent: 183 m (cumulative height from start point to finish point).
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Grade: Easy
- Grade description:
Short walks of 4 – 7 km (2.5 – 4.5 miles) on level ground going at a leisurely pace. Usually suitable for pushchairs (may need to lift over small obstructions).
- Well behaved dogs on leads and guide dogs are welcome.
Please check our list of what to wear and bring. There’s more information in our FAQs to help make the most of your time.
If we have to cancel a walk we will post a notice of cancellation on the listing.
Please, note terms and conditions apply.
Caring for our National Park
Our guided walks are delivered by dedicated and committed volunteers.
Donating to the Lake District Foundation helps to care for the Lake District National Park.
Donate to the Lake District Foundation
Back to all events