Guided Walk: A Host of Daffodils
© Cumbria Tourism
19 April 2019
Take the steamer from Glenridding to the legendary Aira Force waterfalls and to the site of Wordsworth's golden daffodils. Lovely level walk back. In partnership with Dove Cottage and the Wordsworth Museum.
- Starts from: Ullswater Information Centre, Glenridding at 10:40 am
see start point descriptions here.
- Postcode: CA11 0PD
- Price: Free, donations welcome. Special half price boat fare with this walk
- Parking charges apply
- Length: 6.0 km, 3.7 miles
- Total ascent: 120 m (cumulative height from start point to finish point).
- Highest point: 200 m
- Duration: 4.5 hours
- Grade: Easy plus
- Grade description:
Short walks of 4 – 10 km (2.5 – 6 miles). Paths may be rough and uneven with some short ascents and descents.
- Well behaved dogs on leads and guide dogs are welcome.
Please check our list of what to wear and bring. There’s more information in our FAQs to help make the most of your time.
If we have to cancel a walk we will post a notice of cancellation on the listing.
Please, note terms and conditions apply.
Caring for our National Park
Our guided walks are delivered by dedicated and committed volunteers.
Donating to the Lake District Foundation helps to care for the Lake District National Park.
Donate to the Lake District Foundation
Back to all events