Another Waynwright Day - Dow Crag
31 August 2019
We’re supporting 16 year old Amy Bray as she takes action against climate change and encourages others to do the same.
On 31 August she is launching Another Way, a new charity, with a record-breaking attempt to put the most people on the Wainwright summits at the same time (1pm).
To help her achieve this we are leading four free guided walks. Book in advance to secure a place and get involved to support this fantastic cause.
Year of Green Action
Our 4 free Another Waynwright Day walks
A fabulous walk to the summit of this iconic Lake District Fell.
- Starts from: Fell Gate car park - 0.8 km up Walna Scar Road, from Coniston at 10.00 am
- Grid reference: SD 289 970
- Price: Free!
- Total ascent: (cumulative height from start point to finish point).
- Highest point:
- Duration: hours
- Grade: Hard
- Grade description: Long and energetic walks in mountainous terrain of 8 – 16 km (5 – 10 miles). Some ascents and descents may be quite steep, possibly slippery or on loose rock. A good level of fitness is needed.
- Well behaved dogs on leads and guide dogs are welcome.
Please check our list of what to wear and bring. There’s more information in our FAQs to help make the most of your time.
If we have to cancel a walk we will post a notice of cancellation on the listing.
Please, note terms and conditions apply.