Guided Family Cycle Ride – a Castle and a Boat Ride
26 May 2019
Your adventure starts on the unique bike boat from Brockhole to Windermere’s western shore. You’ll be guided along delightful traffic-free trails to Wray Castle. There’ll be time to stop for refreshments and to explore the grounds before heading back to Brockhole.
- Start: Brockhole on Windermere at the lakeshore bike hire cabin at 11:00 am. Please arrive promptly to allow time to park (if relevant) and to have bike and helmet fitting.
- Expected return by 3:30pm.
- Price: Adults £25, child £16. Tickets include bike hire and the bike boat.
Under 5’s must travel in our approved cycle trailer or seat (please request when booking). Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult. Parking available at Brockhole (charges apply).
- Length: 4 miles
- Duration: 5 hours
- Grade: This ride is ideal for young families and is set at an easy-going pace. Traffic-free except for a short section of minor road.
- Booking essential: To book your place and bike please call the Brockhole Lakeshore Team on 07919 881 622.
What to bring
- Bring warm, waterproof clothing, gloves and trainers or cycling shoes
- Small rucksack to carry your kit
- Something to eat and drink
- Helmets are included with bike hire (required to be worn)
Thank you for choosing an activity with us. Our guided cycle rides are led by dedicated and committed volunteers who are passionate about the Lake District.