Please help protect our communities, observe social distancing and stay safe.
We are welcoming visitors back to the Lake District. We are working with our local partners to put measures in place that will help keep people safe.
Our page lakedistrict.gov.uk/coronavirus has a message from our Chief Executive, how the latest coronavirus rules apply across the National Park, updates on our attractions and services, and how you can contact us.
Guided Cycle Ride – Along the Hawkshead Trail
1 August 2019
Your adventure starts on the unique bike boat from Brockhole to Windermere’s western shore. You’ll be guided along delightful traffic-free trails to Hawkshead via Wray Castle. There will be a stop in historic Hawkshead with Beatrix Potter’s old haunts and lots of cafes. The return is along minor roads with views to the central fells.
- Start: Brockhole on Windermere at the lakeshore bike hire cabin at 10:00 am. Please arrive promptly to allow time to park (if relevant) and to have bike and helmet fitting.
- Expected return: 3:30pm.
- Price: Adults £25, child £16. Tickets include bike hire and the bike boat.
- Minimum age 11. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult. Parking available at Brockhole (charges apply).
- Length: 10 miles
- Duration: 5 hours
- Grade: This ride is ideal for frequent cyclists and older active families and is set at a steady pace. There are some short hills and traffic in Hawkshead.
- Booking essential: To book your place and bike please call the Brockhole Lakeshore Team on 07919 881 622.
What to bring
- Bring warm, waterproof clothing, gloves and trainers or cycling shoes
- Small rucksack to carry your kit
- Something to eat and drink
- Helmets are included with bike hire (required to be worn)
Thank you for choosing an activity with us. Our guided cycle rides are led by dedicated and committed volunteers who are passionate about the Lake District.