Autumn re-imagined. Crunchy leaves under foot, chunky knits and crisp blue skies – welcome to autumn in the Lake District!
As the landscape turns from green to gold the Lake District comes alive, making it the perfect destination for an autumn or winter break. Enjoy picturesque walks, indulge in seasonal Spa treats or sample the very best in artisan food here in Cumbria. Why not stay at The Daffodil Hotel in Grasmere for your base to explore?
Indulge with artisan Lakeland Food
The Lake District has quickly become the place to go to for local, independent foodie outlets. Try over 100 craft beers at The Crafty Baa, brunch at Homeground or Chester’s by the River or grab a bite to take away at More Bakery or Lucia’s. Where will you head first this autumn?
- Brunch at Homeground Coffee & Kitchen
After an early morning walk up one of the most famous Wainwrights – Orrest Head, pay a visit to Homeground in Windermere. Specialising in the most Instagramable brunches, make sure this is on your list of places to visit!
- Luxury Afternoon Tea at The Daffodil Hotel & Spa
After a brisk morning walk around Grasmere water, what better way to spend an afternoon than sampling The Daffodil’s famous Luxury Afternoon Tea? Indulge in the colourful and creative selection of savouries and cakes such as chocolate truffle cones, cookies and cream and raspberry opera gateau. TOP TIP – pay a return visit in December for the Festive Afternoon Tea featuring meringue snowmen and boozy cherry yule logs! Book your table | £25 per person
- Scandinavian light bites at Mathilde’s
This new Grasmere café based at the famous Heaton Cooper Studio has a distinctive Scandinavian influence with dishes such as the Krackauer Hot Dog, not to mention their delicious selection of freshly baked cakes.
- Homemade gelato and waffles at The Little Ice Cream Shop
Scooping 22 flavours of happiness in both their Hawkshead and Windermere Little Ice Cream Shops, you won’t want to miss this hidden gem whilst visiting the Lakes. Choose from unique flavours such as New York Lemon Cheesecake, Kendal Mintcake or Hawkshead Gingerbread. Brand new for autumn, they’ve introduced delicious waffles which you can load with your favourite gelato!
- Contemporary dining with The Daffodil’s Tasting Table
Enjoy a relaxed and memorable dining experience with The Daffodil’s Tasting Table, a delicious 5 course tasting menu, creatively designed with the seasons in mind. Not only can you delight in Chef’s tempting menus but also enjoy the stunning lake views from the Dining Room. The perfect dining option to celebrate a birthday, anniversary or special occasion. Book your table | 5 courses £35 | Drinks pairing from £25
Enjoy an autumnal Lake District walk
From relaxed lake shore walks to mountain adventures, we’re spoiled for choice in the Lake District.
- Grasmere Lakeshore Circuit Incorporating both the stunning waters of Grasmere and the charming village itself, this is a spectacular autumn walk, perfect for all abilities. On the trail, Penny Rock Beach is the ideal place to stop for a cup of coffee whist taking in the breath-taking views.
Distance from The Daffodil Hotel & Spa | 0.1 miles
- Hodge Close, Cathedral Cavern & Slater’s Bridge This 5 mile walk in Little Langdale is a favourite of locals and visitors alike. Starting at Tilberthwaite, you’ll see the quarries of Hodge Close before reaching the dramatic Cathedral Cavern cave. On the way down, it’s worth stopping at Slater Bridge for a photo! Distance from The Daffodil Hotel & Spa | 11.3 miles
- Tarn Hows Tarn Hows is a beauty spot overlooking Coniston and Yewdale. The terrain is perfect for pushchairs or wheelchairs, making it an ideal walk for the whole family. With views over the Coniston Hills and Langdale Pikes, the autumn shades are spectacular. Distance from The Daffodil Hotel & Spa | 9.1 miles
- Buttermere This circular walk around Buttermere puts you right in the heart of many of the Lake District’s most famous peaks including Great Gable, Hay Stacks and High Crag. This lake shore path circles the lake for around 4.5 miles, taking around 3 hours to complete.
Distance from The Daffodil Hotel & Spa | 23.1 miles
Unwind with seasonal Spa treats this autumn
After a day of walking on the Lakeland fells or exploring the independent shops of Grasmere, Ambleside, Windermere or Keswick what better way to ease those achy legs than with an indulgent Spa treatment? The Spa at The Daffodil is the perfect tonic for relaxation.
- Spiced Pumpkin Mud Rasul Therapy
Bursting with fiery spiced pepper fragrance, this scrub has savoury overtones of nutmeg and grapeseed to compliment the rich aroma of spiced pumpkin pie. Re-awaken your skin this autumn with this unique couple’s therapy!
Seasonal offer | £69 per couple
- Wood Massage Therapy
Germaine de Capuccini World of Aroma, Sperience Massage. An aromatherapy massage designed to suit your needs and mood. The Wood Massage Therapy is a stimulating massage with essential oils of mint, sage and cinnamon designed to help improve circulation during the colder months.
55 minutes |£60 per person
- Obsidian & Onyx Face & Back Ritual
An ancient therapy based on the wisdom of the Incas that combines warmed Obsidian Stones with Iced Onyx Stones in the most incredible massage ritual that releases negative energy and emotions whilst inducing a deep sense of calm and wellbeing and a sense of total inner peace. This therapy commences with a back and scalp massage using semi-precious stones and is complete with a facial incorporating the stones, oriental floral massage oil and the powers of Rosehip Oil.
75 minutes | £65 per person
- Ultimate Chocolate Therapy
Utterly delicious and perfect for those who love chocolate! Intensely hydrating and regenerating, this treatment commences with our chocoscrub full body exfoliation, followed by envelopment in our self-heating Chocolate Body Wrap whilst you unwind and enjoy a scalp massage. Following removal of the wrap the treatment finishes with application of creamy Chocolate Body Butter… A much loved treatment of chocoholics!
75 minutes | £60 per person
Book your autumn adventure to the Lake District at The Daffodil Hotel & Spa
Why wait until the festive season for your next break? There’s still time for one more treat before Christmas! Book your autumn adventure to the Lake District.
Book eight weeks or more in advance and benefit from our Early Bird discount, giving you 20% off our best available rates – with rooms from £115 and suites from £163 Bed & Breakfast.