Full Planning Permission and Conservation Area Consent

Full Planning Permission and Conservation Area Consent Checklist and Form

This form is used when you require planning permission to make a change of use of land or buildings, or to carry out works and operation including the erection of buildings which have not followed the outline and reserved matters procedure, and also require conservation area consent.

Top tip: You will only need Conservation Area Consent if your scheme involves the substantial demolition of a building or means of enclosure. Conservation Area Consent is not normally required to extend a building, even if it is in a conservation area.

Please download the Full Planning Permission and Conservation Area Consent Form (PDF) (opens in new window)

Please make sure your application includes the right information, or it will be judged as invalid.

Application requirements

You will always need:

  • Form
  • Site location plan
  • Existing and proposed plans
  • Heritage statement 
  • Correct fee

You will sometimes need:

  • Design and access statement
  • Bat survey
  • Tree survey 
  • Flood risk assessment
  • Non-mains drainage information
  • Construction method statement
  • Protected species survey
  • Policy CS16 compliance statement
  • Agricultural appraisal
  • Sustainable drainage system statement
  • Wind energy developments – pre-submission consultation information

For more details about when we need the information above, and what we expect, please see our guidance notes.

Top tip: if you are applying by post, please send three copies of all forms, plans and supporting information.

Application guides

Our guidance notes form part of our validation checklists. They provide further details about what information we require with an application.