Following the adoption of the Lake District National Park Local Plan 2020-2035 and recent legislative changes we propose to update our validation requirements.
What changes are proposed?
You can view the proposed validation requirements here.
Key changes are:
- New surface water drainage hierarchy questionnaire requirements in line with Policy 03
- Updated flood risk assessment requirements in line with Policy 03
- New biodiversity gain plan requirements in line with Policy 04 and the Biodiversity SPD
- New ventilation and extraction requirements in line with Policy 06
- New retail impact assessment requirements in line with Policy 17
- Updated energy statement requirements in line with Policy 20
- New fire safety statement requirements in line with new laws
How do I comment on the proposals?
If you have any comments please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'validation consultation feedback' before 4 October 2021.
When will the changes come into effect?
We will review and consider any feedback to this consultation, and aim to have most new requirements in place in October. Biodiversity gain plan requirements would take effect on 1 January 2022.