Policy 14 supports the allocation for sites for housing, employment and mixed use developments across the Lake District. The purpose of our site allocations is to identify specific areas of land where we are confident in supporting development for particular purposes.
For example, to ensure a supply of land to deliver housing. Allocating land increases certainty about where development can take place which benefits communities, landowners and developers. It significantly increases certainty over how planning decisions will be made on those sites.
You can view and search for the allocations on the interactive Policies Map. Please select on the left hand side tab ‘Policy 14’.
Central and South East Distinctive Area
- CSE01H - Land north of Cornbirthwaite Road, Windermere
- CSE02H - Former Garden Centre, Windermere
- CSE03H - Extension to Seedfields, Staveley
- CSE04H - Field off A593, to south of dwellings on Loughrigg Meadow
- CSE01E - North of Kendal Fell Quarry
- CSE02E - Land at High Plumgarths
- CSE03E - Land to West of Danes Crescent, Staveley
- CSE01M - Land at Orrest Head Farm, Windermere
- CSE02M - Old Magistrates Court, Windermere
- CSE03M - Kendal Fell Quarry
- CSE04M - Land at Ambleside Road, Windermere
- CSE05M - Former cricket ground, Staveley
- CSE06M - MacDonalds Hotel Car Park, Bowness
- CSE07M - Former Kirkstone Quarry, Skelwith Bridge
- Bowness Bay and The Glebe Strategic Allocation
East Distinctive Area
North Distinctive Area
South Distinctive Area
West Distinctive Area