World Photo Day Competition
World Photo Day Competition
The aim of the competition is to inspire people about the Lake District as well as drawing attention to the importance of green action.
To celebrate #WorldPhotoDay and the #YearOfGreenAction we are giving away £250 worth of LD£ #LakeDistrictPounds 😎
One winner will be selected by our panel of experts and announced on World Photo Day, August 19, 2019, on LDNP Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
Ideas could include, sustainable transport, tourism or farming, litter picking and renewable energy. The photo can have a positive or negative message but should highlight the importance of green action.
Enter before 1 pm on August 19, 2019.
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter and prize provider is Lake District National Park Authority (LDNPA), whose offices are at Murley Moss, Oxenholme Road, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 7RL.
- The competition is open to anyone worldwide excluding employees of the Lake District National Park and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition is running on the following social media channels: Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
- Multiple entries from the same person are allowed and will be accepted.
- Closing date for entry will be 1 pm on August the 19th 2019. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- Post a photo you have taken in the Lake District National Park that shows a connection to green action or environmental impact on the landscape
- For Instagram or Twitter, use hashtags - #LakeDistrictSummer AND #WorldPhotoDay
-For Facebook, tag Lake District National Park account on your post using the @ sign and headline it ‘Photo Competition’
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prize is as follows:
250 LD£ (Lake District Pounds)
13. Winners will be chosen:
One winner will be selected by our panel of expert judges appointed by the promoter and announced after 1 pm on World Photo Day, August 19 on LDNP Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
14. The winner will be notified by email or direct message on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected or delivered.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
19. All entrants agree to the use of the entered image in any LDNP publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
20. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com
21. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
22. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to the Lake District National Park Authority and not to any other party.