What will I be doing?
The key tasks to be performed in this role include:
- Working alongside LDNPA (Lake District National Park Authority) and partner organisations' staff to plan and deliver the day of activity to help the young people complete the assigned conservation tasks.
- Lead and inspire the young people throughout their volunteering experience.
What skills do I need?
- Outdoor skills and experience
- Experience leading young people in groups
- Awareness of Health & Safety
- Confidence communicating with a range of people including other adults and young people
- IT proficient
How often will I need to volunteer?
Minimum 6 duties per year. For this role you will work with other volunteers to cover the activity once a month, some other time for planning, training and meetings will also be required.
What's in it for me?
This role is perfect for volunteers who are looking to share their knowledge and passion about the Lake District directly with young people in some spectacular locations.
In addition, you'll receive:
- Ongoing training and support from the volunteers team.
- Volunteer uniform, provided by our clothing partner Columbia.
- A LDNPA parking permit that can be used throughout the Lake District
- Discounts in Lake District National Park Authority shops and cafes
- Out of pocket expenses for travel to your volunteering location
How do I apply?
Please apply online here
Any more questions?
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org