Its that time of year again when Halloween spookiness is getting ready to descend upon Brockhole on Windermere. This event is one of the biggest and best Halloween experiences within the Lake District, and we keep expanding it every year! This event is always a sell out so we are calling for anyone who wants to come and help out behind the scenes.
What will I be doing?
We are looking for people to help for the set-up of the event, during the running of the event, and after the event for the break down. Because of this it means we have a wide variety of tasks:
- Putting up gazebos/tents
- Pumpkin Placement
- Working with Education to create Gift Craft Packs
- Decorating various areas within the site.
- Pumpkin Carvers
During the Event:
- Stewarding – Provide information on events, advice on events, Report on visitor levels, queue levels, and any other issues
- Ticketing – Checking wristbands, ensuring correct wristbands have been given etc.
After the event:
- Helping dismantle gazebos/tents and putting away ready for next year.
- General tidy up of the aftermath.
What skills do I need?
The role will suit you if you are:
- Happy meeting new people, there will be plenty each day!
- Self-sufficient. The duty management team will check in regularly, but you may be acting independently for some of your duty
- Willing to work as part of a team if needed
- Creative with a keen eye for detail
How do I apply?
To apply as a volunteer, or if you've got any questions about what you'd be doing, please email Jessica Braithwaite, Duty Manager at Brockhole on Windermere: email@example.com