A number of byelaws have been introduced over the years to protect the Lake District National Park.
- Access Land Byelaws (PDF) - Established 1980
- Car Parking Byelaws (PDF) - Established 1998
- Coniston Water Byelaws - Established in 1978. Revised 2010.
- Derwentwater Byelaws - Established in 1978.
- Drigg Dunes Nature Reserve Byelaws (PDF) - Established in 1998
- Smaller Lakes Byelaws - Established in 1973 for Bassenthwaite Lake, Beacon Tarn, Blea Tarn, Blelham Tarn, Brotherswater, Buttermere, Crummock Water, Devokewater, Elterwater, Esthwaite Lake, Grasmere, High Dam Tarn, Little Langdale Tarn, Loughrigg Tarn, Loweswater, Overwater, Rydal Water, Tarn Hows, Wastwater and Yew Tree Tarn.
- Ullswater Byelaws - Established in 1978.
- Whitbarrow Scar Byelaws (Word document) - Established 1980
- Windermere Lake Byelaws and confirmation letter from Defra about the Windermere Lake Byelaws (PDF)