Authority - 23 June 2021
Time: 10:00 am
Location: Boardroom, Murley Moss, Kendal, LA9 7RL.
The meeting is open to the public to attend in person in line with Government measures to manage the Covid-19 pandemic. Prior indication of attendance by members of the public or press should be given in advance of the meeting to the Member Services Coordinator. The meeting will be livestreamed, please follow the link below:
Business Part One
- Appointment of Chairman
- Appointment of Deputy Chairman
- Apologies - To receive and record apologies from members of the Authority who cannot attend.
- Minutes - To confirm the Minutes of the meeting held on 19 May 2021.
- Chairman's Announcements
The Chairman to announce to all attendees -
- the fire safety instructions; and
- the digital sound recording of the meeting.
- Declarations of Interest - Members should declare any registrable interests or disclosable pecuniary interests. These are described in the Code of Conduct adopted by the Authority on 20 June 2012 and in the Authority Handbook. Members should state the nature of any disclosable pecuniary interest (defined at paragraph 5(9) of the Code of Conduct) so it can be recorded in the minutes.
- Questions - To answer any questions raised under Standing Order 16(2) relating to the business of the Authority.
- Public Participation - There are no public questions, petitions or deputations relating to the business of the Authority for this meeting.
- Appointment of Members
- Local Authority Appointees: To report the re-appointment of Mr Alan Barry, Mr Jim Bland, Mr Tony Lywood and Mr Paul Turner and the appointment of Mr Will Clark as Cumbria County Council representatives until April 2022; and
- Secretary of State Appointees: To report the appointment of Mrs Janet Sayers as a Parish Council representative, subject to confirmation by the Secretary of State.
- Chief Executive's Update
- Minutes of Committees
To consider the minutes of the following committees and the recommendations which they contain:
- Resources Committee: Mr Jackson will present the minutes of the meeting held on 24 February 2021;
- Governance Committee: Mr Kidd will present the minutes of the meeting held on 21 April 2021; and
- Park Strategy and Vision Committee: Mr Carter will present the minutes of the meetings held on 28 April and 13 May 2021.
- Member Representation on Outside Bodies and Partnerships
To receive verbal updates from Members on meetings attended as the Authority’s representative.
- Appointment of Members to Serve on Committees
- Appointments to Outside Bodies and Partnerships and Task and Finish Groups/Project Board
The Committee will consider the following RESOLUTION:
Under Section 100(A)(4) of the Local Government Act, 1972 the public be excluded from the meeting for the following items. This is because exempt information, as defined in Schedule 12A of the Act, may be disclosed during discussions.
Business Part Two
Commercial in Confidence
- Commercial Strategy
Access to Information - Local Government Act 1972 (As amended)
Agenda and Reports
Anyone can have a copy of the agenda and non-confidential reports before the meeting. Reports can be e-mailed as PDFs on request.
Physical copies of background papers will not be available for viewing at Murley Moss due to the current movement restrictions put in place by the Government following the Covid-19 outbreak. Papers can be e-mailed as PDFs on request. We cannot make background papers available for confidential papers.