What to bring with you
- Comfortable daysack or rucksack. Adjusted to fit you and a size to suit the walk.
- Food, water and a warm drink. There is little shelter on the fell tops so check the forecast and bring what you need to keep hydrated and your energy levels up.
- Emergency food. A high energy snack stashed in your pack
- Mobile phone (fully charged) or a watch to keep an eye on the time
- Sun protection. Protect your skin and eyes.
- Map and compass. Be sure to know how to use these. Your GPS might not work. We offer fun, informal basic navigation courses.
- Whistle and torch. Know the international distress signal - six short whistle blasts or flashes with your torch, repeated at one minute intervals.
- Tell someone where you are going and what time you expect to be back
- Know the Highway Code
- Take pictures and share them with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Forgot to bring it with you? There are lots of fantastic outdoor shops in the Lake District and Cumbria, all with expert staff who can help advise you on your ideal kit. You will find plenty of choice and expert staff to assist you.