Lake District National Park Ullswater
The Lake District National Park's centre at Ullswater has opened its doors again after a total refurbishment following the floods in 2015.
To make the most of your visit to the Ullswater valley, pop in for leaflets, guides and advice from our friendly advisers.
Beckside Car Park
Glenridding CA11 0PD
April - October the centre is open from 9.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. each day.
November - March the centre is open in the winter 9.30 a.m to 3.30 p.m. weekends only.
Summer 2018 - meet the owls
We will be having some very special feathered visitors at Ullswater Visitor Centre this year. Join us on the below dates and meet Bobby and friends, the stunning owls from The Owl Sanctuary:
- Thursday 28 June
- Thursday 12 July
- Thursday 26 July
- Thursday 9 August
- Thursday 23 August
What's on offer
- Free WiFi
- Dogs most welcome in the centre, where free treats are available from our dog loving staff.
- Advice on cycling and walking routes for the area and beyond, including Britain's number 1 favourite walk, Helvellyn, with books and guides for sale.
- Travel advice for road, rail, bus and boat.
- Lake District mounted photographs including Helvellyn and Ullswater, by acclaimed Local Lake District Photographers.
- Good choice of books and maps for both tourists and locals alike.
- Helvellyn memorabilia including t-shirts, hoodies, mugs, art prints, pictures, postcards, greeting cards, fridge magnets, coasters.
- A selection of local beers and spirits from our local breweries and distillery.
- Collections of beautiful Jewellery both local and British made.
- Lovely handmade British pottery.
- Helvellyn and Ullswater Way official certificates and badges.
- The Herdy Company mugs, coasters, bags, tea towels, umbrellas, egg cups, money banks and more…
- Vintage railway art prints, postcards and fridge magnets including 4 original Ullswater prints exclusively produced for us.
- Ullswater oak framed prints, cups, mugs and coasters.
- Hawkshead Relish Company products.
- English Lakes ice cream, bottled water and confectionary, gift boxes and the famous Kendal Mintcake.
- Lakeland Fragrances including perfumes and aftershave.
- Lake District, red squirrel and herdwick sheep tea twwels, work savers, coasters, fridge magnets tablemats and trays.
- Greeting cards and postcards as well as stamps, including international stamps.
- Cuddly toys and children’s toys.
Glenridding map (PDF)
The blue icon with a white 'i' shows where Ullswater Information Centre is on the map below.
Click the map controls to zoom in, or move the map around. Loading maps can take time, so please be patient!
Ullswater Information Centre is on bus route 508 operated by Stagecoach, which runs from Penrith so connections at the rail station to Pooley Bridge, Glenridding and Patterdale all year round, extending over Kirkstone Pass to Windermere and Bowness in summer. The bus stop is in the car park, just 100 yards from the information centre. Ullswater Steamers run the scenic length of the lake from Pooley Bridge to Glenridding Pier all year round, about 10 mins walk from the information centre. More information and links to timetables in our Travel and Transport pages.