Keswick meeting room hire
The Keswick Information Centre has a stunning, large room offering ideal meeting space or exhibition space for all types of organisations.
Situated on the top floor of the Moot Hall, the Community Room can comfortably sit 50 people theatre style, or 24 people boardroom style.
Minimum booking period
The minimum booking period is 2 hours. Half hour booking periods above this minimum can be accommodated.
- Tables and chairs for up to 40 people
- Heating and lighting
- Air conditioning
- Hirer's Liability Insurance
- Use of kitchen facilities
- Use of display equipment and screens
- Flip charts
- Video/DVD player
- Overhead projector and slide projector
- Digital projector
Advanced bookings will only be taken from organisations which meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Non profit making organisations, such as charities
- Locally based commercial individuals or organisations permanently resident in the districts of Allerdale, Copeland, Eden or South Lakes
- Events with a local theme or events promoting understanding and enjoyment of the local area.
To ensure priority is given to local users, other hirers will only be able to book the Community Room two months in advance of their booking date.
Community Room bookings are released 12 months in advance of the booking date, on a rolling calendar basis. Requests should be in person or by telephone on 017687 80613 and will be given on a first come, first served basis.
There is a minimum booking period of three days over bank holiday weekends and only one bank holiday booking per customer per year.
Winter rate applies from 1 November to 31 March excluding Bank Holidays and Cumbrian school holidays, which will be charged at the full rate.
Local non-profit-making organisations meeting the booking criteria
- Weekdays (9am to 5:30pm): £10 per hour in the summer, £10 per hour in the winter
- Saturdays and Sundays: £15 per hour in the summer, £10 per hour in the winter
Locally based commercial individuals or organisations meeting the booking criteria
- Weekdays (9 am - 5.30 pm): £15 per hour in the summer, £15 per hour in the winter
- Saturdays and Sundays: £15 per hour in the summer, £15 per hour in the winter
Other commercial organisations
- Weekdays and weekends: £25 per hour throughout the year
Reduced Saturday rate
Hirers that meet two of the booking criteria and book the Community Room for three consecutive days or more, qualify for Saturdays at the weekday rate.
- A non-refundable deposit of 25 per cent is needed for advanced bookings.
- For bookings made less than one month in advance, full payment is required at the time of booking.
- Bookings cancelled within two weeks of the event will not be refunded. We will try to re-let the room. If successful, we will refund the balance.
- Please make cheques payable to the Lake District National Park Authority (LDNPA). Credit and debit cards accepted.
To book or for more details
Please call Keswick Information Centre on 017687 80613 or email KeswickTIC@lakedistrict.gov.uk.
Looking for a larger venue?
Brockhole - The Lake District Visitor Centre on the shores of Windermere offers venue hire for weddings, conference and meetings.