Ullswater Way - West - walk
13 August 2017
Cruise beautiful Ullswater to Pooley Bridge then walk the western Ullswater Way over Gowbarrow summit to Glenridding with stunning views over Ullswater.
- Starts from: Ullswater Information Centre, Glenridding at 09:20 am
- Postcode: CA11 0PD
- Price: Adult £10, child free. Special half price boat fare with this walk
- Length: 16.0 Km, 9.9 miles
- Highest point: 481 m, 1577.68 ft
- Duration: 7.0 hours
- Grade: Hard
- Grade description:
A long and energetic walk. Some ascents and descents may be quite steep and on loose rock. A good level of fitness is needed.
- Booking available: Booking is recommended to guarantee your place but you can just turn up on the day. Arrive early to avoid disappointment. Spaces on walks are limited to 20 people on moderate, hard and very hard grade walks and 30 on easy grade walks (not including leaders). Book securely online. If paying on the day, please bring correct change with you.
Our uplands are beautiful places but can be cold, even in summer. For your own safety and comfort you’ll need:
- Walking boots with ankle support and a good tread, essential on all activities except easy grade walks on flat, level ground.
- Waterproof trousers and a waterproof and windproof jacket.
- A warm top such as a fleece or jumper.
- Hat and gloves.
- Sun protection.
- Enough food and drink for the type and duration of the activity.
Please come appropriately dressed and equipped or you may be turned away.
If we decide to cancel an event we will post a notice of cancellation on this listing.
Please, note terms and conditions apply.
There’s lots more information in our frequently asked questions to help you make the most of your time.
Thank you for choosing an activity with us. Our guided walks, guided bike rides and navigation sessions are delivered by dedicated and committed volunteers who are passionate about the Lake District National Park.
All money raised goes directly towards training and supporting our passionate volunteer guides to help more people discover this spectacular landscape.