Heritage Trail to Troutbeck - walk
© Thomas Beecham
20 October 2017
Enjoy a gentle walk along the historical route to the village of Troutbeck.
- Starts from: Brockhole on Windermere at 01:15 pm
- Postcode: LA23 1LJ
- Price: Free, donations welcome
- Length: 6.2 Km, 3.8 miles
- Total ascent: 227 m, 745 ft (cumulative height from start point to finish point).
- Duration: 3.0 hours
- Grade: Easy plus
- Grade description:
Short walks of 3-8 km or 2-5 miles. Paths may be rough and uneven with some short ascents and descents. Walking boots may be required - check listings.
- Just turn up: Arrive early to avoid disappointment. Spaces on walks are limited to 20 people on moderate, hard and very hard grade walks and 30 on easy grade walks (not including leaders). Please bring correct change with you.
Our uplands are beautiful places but can be cold, even in summer. For your own safety and comfort you’ll need:
- Walking boots with ankle support and a good tread, essential on all activities except easy grade walks on flat, level ground.
- Waterproof trousers and a waterproof and windproof jacket.
- A warm top such as a fleece or jumper.
- Hat and gloves.
- Sun protection.
- Enough food and drink for the type and duration of the activity.
Please come appropriately dressed and equipped or you may be turned away.
Well behaved dogs on leads and guide dogs are welcome.
If we decide to cancel an event we will post a notice of cancellation on this listing.
Please, note terms and conditions apply.
There’s lots more information in our frequently asked questions to help you make the most of your time.
Thank you for choosing an activity with us. Our guided walks, guided bike rides and navigation sessions are delivered by dedicated and committed volunteers who are passionate about the Lake District National Park.
All money raised goes directly towards training and supporting our passionate volunteer guides to help more people discover this spectacular landscape.