Take your best friend outdoors this National Dog Day to enjoy the fresh air of the Lake District with some of the most inspirational landscapes in the country!
Top 5 fun things to do
- Explore BrockholeLet your dog discover new smells in the garden, take a stroll by the lake shore or take your dog for a swim on lake Windermere.
- Take to the mountains Give your dog some good exercise and go for a long walk. Try and conquer the biggest mountain in England, Scafell Pike. Or if you want to take it easy, walk around Rydal Water where you can enjoy some of the most beautiful views.
- Assist an ill or elderly neighbour by walking their dog If there is someone you know who struggles to take their dog for a walk, ask to take it for a nice long stroll playing fetch.
- Go for a paddle Take your best friend for a swim and have a cool down on Windermere, the largest lake in England. Step on board a boat, if your dog has good sea legs why don't you try out a motorboat at Coniston Boating Centre.
- Visit Keswick Have a walk down by the lake or go for a nice circular stroll stopping off at Keswick Information Centre.
Send us your photos
Celebrate with us and send us a photo on twitter @lakedistrictnpa, Facebook or Instagram of your dog having fun in the Lake District this National Dog Day and we will feature you on our social media channels!