Grants awarded: Central and South East
Since the Lake District Communities Fund was launched in 2012 it has supported many projects.
Grants awarded so far in the Central and South Distinctive Area by Lake District Communities Fund
- £5,000 to Witherslack
Parish Hall for the refurbishment of the kitchen.
- £5,000 to Grasmere
Red Squirrel Group, conserving red squirrels in Grasmere.
- £1,500 to Bowness
and Windermere Community Care Trust - replacing lighting in four public toilets
with energy efficient LED lights.
- £1,000 for Ambleside
Community Christmas Lights - replacing all Christmas light bulbs with energy
efficient LED bulbs.
- £250 for Skelwith
Parish Council - to develop a website
to improve access to information and services for a remote rural community.
- £5,000 to bring an empty property owned by the Diocese of Carlisle back into use.
- £5,000 for the Three Valleys Plus Project - control of grey squirrels in two priority zones.
- £1,000 to refurbish 171 benches in Windermere in poor state of repair.
- £2,416 Building a butterfly task force to support local people wishing to conserve Biodiversity Action Plan priority butterflies in the Lake District National Park.
- £3,000 to build a nature reserve at St Mary's Nursery and Infants School.
- £1,500 to install rainwater harvesting at Grasmere public toilets.
- £2,000 for the Friends of the Lake District Borrowdale Fell Care Day. To highlight the role volunteering plays in conserving the fells.
- £1,600 for the repair and maintenance of Troutbeck village's snowplough and gritter.
- £1,868 for The Big Onion 'Get Growing 2013' project to increase production of local foods.
- £1000 awarded to Weavers Ltd - To create a viable shop in an empty unit to
enable the running of a post office.
- £1760 awarded to Westmorland Red Squirrel Society - Purchase of equipment including
thermal imaging cameras, GPS units, and wildlife cameras.
- £2800 awarded to Staveley Community Land Trust - Local housing needs survey.
- £2000 awarded to Witherslack Parish Hall - Hall extension for disabled toilets and
Total grants to date in Central and South East distinctive area