View of mountains above Wasdale copyright Tony West
View of mountains above Wasdale


In June 2010 the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government wrote to local authorities committing us to publishing items of spending over £500 by January 2011. The data we've published under 'Local Spending data' excludes:

  • all payments to individuals paid through payroll
  • payments to HM Revenue and Customs relating to Vat and payroll
  • all pension-related payments

We have included invoice and grant payments to individuals but have replaced personal data with the words 'Redacted personal data'.

Local Spending data


  • The data published relates to payments made by the Lake District National Park Authority
  • The Authority uses an accounting system called SunSystems
  • The date used to identify payments is the date that the transaction was authorised for payment
  • The purchase categorisation used is from BVACOP  - Best Value Accounting Code of Practice

2014 Data files

2013 Data files

2012 Data files

Statement of Accounts

Annual Governance Statement

Annual Audit Letter

Audit of Accounts 2013/14

Notice of certification of completion of the audit

Notice is hereby given under Regulation 11 of the Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2011 that the Audit of Accounts for the period 1 April 2013 to 31 March 2014 has been concluded. An unqualified opinion and the audit certificate have been issued by our appointed auditor, Grant Thornton. Under Section 14 of the Audit Commission Act 1998, any interested local government elector may request a copy of the audited Statement of Accounts and supporting statements by writing to the Director of Communications and Resources, Lake District National Park Authority, Murley Moss, Oxenholme Road, Kendal LA9 7RL.

Alternatively, copies of the accounts can be inspected at the above address between the hours 9.00 am and 4.30 pm Monday to Friday.

They are also available on the Authority's website, at

Kerry Powell
Director of Communications and Resources   

More information

Please email

Alternatively you can make a Freedom of Information Act Request - find out more in Freedom of Information Act.