View of mountains above Wasdale
In June 2010 the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government wrote to local authorities committing us to publishing items of spending over £500 by January 2011. The data we've published under 'Local Spending data' excludes:
- all payments to individuals paid through payroll
- payments to HM Revenue and Customs relating to Vat and payroll
- all pension-related payments
We have included invoice and grant payments to individuals but have replaced personal data with the words ‘Redacted personal data’.
Local Spending data
- The data published relates to payments made by the Lake District National Park Authority
- The Authority uses an accounting system called SunSystems
- The date used to identify payments is the date that the transaction was authorised for payment
- The purchase categorisation used is from BVACOP - Best Value Accounting Code of Practice
2013 Data files
2012 Data files
2011 Data files
2010 Data files
Statement of Accounts
Annual Governance Statement
Annual Audit Letter
Audit of Accounts year ended 31 March 2013
Audit Commission Act 1998, sections 15 – 16
Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2011, Regulations 9, 10, 21, 22 & 24
The Authority’s accounts are subject to external audit by Jackie Bellard of Grant Thornton UK LLP, 4 Hardman Square, Spinningfields, Manchester M3 3EB. Members of the public and local government electors have certain rights in the audit process:
- From 9 July 2013 to 6 August 2013 between 9.00am and 5.00pm any person may inspect the accounts of the Authority for the year ended 31 March 2013 and certain related documents (comprising books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts) at the address given below. They may also make copies of the accounts and documents.
- From 10.00am on 6 August 2013 until the conclusion of the audit process, a local government elector for the area of the Authority, or his/her representative, may ask the auditor questions about the accounts. Please contact the auditor at the address given above to make arrangements to ask any questions.
- From 10.00am on 6 August 2013 until the conclusion of the audit process, a local government elector for the area of the Authority, or his/her representative, may object to the Authority’s accounts asking that the auditor issue a report in the public interest (under section 8 of the Audit Commission Act 1998) and/or apply to the court for a declaration that an item in the accounts is contrary to law (under section 17 of the Audit Commission Act 1998). Written notice of a proposed objection and the grounds on which it is made must be sent to the auditor at the address given above and copied to me at the address given below.
Director of Learning and Resources
Lake District National Park Authority
Who to contact for more information
Please email email@example.com