What can you expect from us?
We deliver lots of different services through a variety of staff. We work in two directorates. Each directorate works towards our vision and delivering our three year business plan. We report every year on how we are doing against our business plan in our annual report.
Our Customer Service Standards below state how we will treat our customers and the time scales that we will respond to you.
We also have complaints procedure for when things have not gone well and people can pass on compliments and give feedback at our events throughout the year.
Customer Service Standards
We are committed to providing excellent customer focused service.
We will always:
- Provide a professional standard of service however you wish to contact us
- Respect and treat all our customers fairly and equally
- Carry official identification if we visit you and wear our uniform and name badges if appropriate
- Display opening hours and contact details in all our offices
When you call us we will:
- Aim to answer within three rings
- Resolve your query or pass it on to another member of staff who will respond to you within two working days
- Provide an alternative method of contacting the relevant person if appropriate
When you write to us or email us we will:
- Reply with a meaningful response within seven working days or, where this is not possible, we will reply with an anticipated date when a full response will be given
- Use plain English
When you visit us we will:
- Provide a welcoming environment for you
- Be polite and professional
- Attend to you as soon as possible
- Provide a private room if appropriate
We will also:
- provide an easy to use complaints procedure - see Complaints, comments and feedback
- Collect and use your feedback to improve our services
- Publish annually how we are doing against our targets
We will measure how well we do through:
- Mystery Shopper surveys
- Logging and tracking systems
- Annual satisfaction surveys
Find out how we are doing
We have set targets on your satisfaction and expect to achieve 95 per cent satisfaction level - please look at How we are doing
In return, please be courteous and respectful so we can reach these standards and give you the information you need.
Our values are central to the way the Lake District National Park Authority works. They indicate what you can expect when coming into contact with us:
- We are passionate and proud of the Lake District
- We are innovative and courageous
- We are ethical and we care about our environment
- We are approachable, receptive and respectful
- We communicate and cooperate
- We value people
- We aim high and achieve success
Customer Service Excellence - the Government standard
We were awarded this by central government in July 2008 and were the first National Park to receive it. We have been reassessed each year since, making improvements every time. The Customer Service Excellence standard tests in great depth delivery, timeliness, information, professionalism and staff attitude. There is also emphasis placed on developing customer insight, understanding the user’s experience and robust measurement of service satisfaction. Find out more on Customer Service Excellence (opens new window).